Parkinson Star Awards 2018
Parkinson Society Singapore organises the Parkinson Star Awards to celebrate outstanding individuals in the local Parkinson community. It takes a tremendous amount of courage and strength to persevere and go through life with Parkinson. Every day, people with Parkinson (PwP) and their caregivers do extraordinary things in spite of the challenges they face in life.
We would like to showcase stories of people in the Parkinson community, who by their actions, and lives, inspire all of us. They show us that you don't have to be great to do good. They also show the tenacity of the human spirit and its capacity to enhance the quality of life.
If you know a PwP or a caregiver of a PwP who should be honored for being an inspiration, we invite you to tell their story and nominate them for the Parkinson Star Award!
The best three entries will be presented with the Parkinson Star Awards at Move to Beat Parkinson 2018!
How to Nominate:
Fill in the Nomination Form (downloadable here) and either email firstname.lastname@example.org or send it to the Parkinson Centre at BLK 191, Bishan Street 13, #01-415, Singapore 570191.
• Nominee must be an active PSS member or a caregiver of an active PSS member.
• Nominee must be alive – posthumous nominations are not allowed.
• Nominations must be made on official forms and be under 200 words.
• Nomination period is from 1 November 2017 to 1 March 2018.
• The judges’ decision is final.
Winners and highly commended entries will be announced at the Parkinson Star Awards ceremony during Move to Beat Parkinson 2018 in April 2018.
Please include the following details for your nominations:
I WOULD LIKE TO NOMINATE:
1) Tell us more about the background of the PwP or the Caregiver of the PwP (e.g. how long has the nominee been living with Parkinson or their PwP)
2) Why does the nominee deserve the Parkinson Star Award?
3) What are some specific examples of incidents or deeds in which the nominee has demonstrated qualities which makes them worthy of the Parkinson Star Awards?